Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital Downloads Suck

+2
Lyria
Crucible
6 posters

Go down

Digital Downloads Suck Empty Digital Downloads Suck

Post by Crucible Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 am

Pre-ordered my CE this morning (afternoon for the rest of you folks) before going to work and started the client dowload. Came home tonight and....lost connection about 15% in and never re-established a connection to continue. At the current d/l rate I should have it done in.....17 hours.Blech! affraid
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Digital Downloads Suck Empty Re: Digital Downloads Suck

Post by Lyria Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

I would definitely have to agree with you. I pre-ordered last weekend and installed the full 1.5 OB client the same day. It ended up at 51 hours via download from BitTorrent. I would look at the DL rate periodically and just want to scream, as it averaged around 20-30KBS. Shocked
Lyria
Lyria

Back to top Go down

Post by Reza Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Ouch!

Thankfully, however, you still about 48 hours until you'll need it, so that should give you plenty of time.
Reza
Reza

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:01 pm

I agree. If I had known the pre-order at NCSoft was purely digital, I would have pre-ordered with Best Buy or Amazon. I want the nifty box! Plus, if I ever have to reinstall, or put it on a new computer, using a disc would be 10 times easier.
Nibbles
Nibbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucible Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:57 pm

I won't know for certain until I get home this evening but I was on my 3rd attempt to download the client when I left for work today. Tried downloading while I slept only to have it interrupted for some unknown reason. Good news is the d/l speed today was significantly faster. I had 3 hours to go when I came to work instead of the 17 hours It was going to take yesterday.
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucible Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:47 am

Well third time was the charm. ALl installed and ready to go. I was even able to pretend like I could log on. If only the authorization server was up Very Happy
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Post by Anx Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:58 am

Nibbles wrote:I agree. If I had known the pre-order at NCSoft was purely digital, I would have pre-ordered with Best Buy or Amazon. I want the nifty box! Plus, if I ever have to reinstall, or put it on a new computer, using a disc would be 10 times easier.

I wish I was getting a box, but I'm a digital download idiot. For reloading, just grab an external harddrive and load all of your games onto it. Then it's just a quick transfer and it keeps the discs that you bought in good shape in case that drive goes down. They are fantasticall cheap now and well worth it.

Anx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 am

Anyone here need more speed on the torrent of the full client? I can start seeding again if so.
Kiara
Kiara

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum