Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP: The Krall Crawl

2 posters

Go down

RP: The Krall Crawl Empty RP: The Krall Crawl

Post by Akaara Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 am

Up until recently, I have had no real opportunity to be part of a team. Although I was part of the legion, Parhelion, I've done my assignments alone. The legion has largely been just a social environment for me. Sitting in the Blue Mist after a rough day, listening to people far stronger and far more skilled than I talking about meeting up to take on tasks far too dangerous for me. I always felt like a small child at the dinner table, straining to understand the adults. In fact, I often thought things like, I would but I'm not old enough. Although that is still true, as I hear people speak of wanting to go to the training grounds or the Abyss, I am now strong enough, skilled enough, for what I heard once nicknamed the Krall Crawl.

On that fateful day, I waited ernestly at the meeting point outside the Verteron Swamp for people to show up. A flood of emotions surged through me: anxiety, excitement, fear of failure, fear of looking like an idiot. I knew nothing and I felt the crushing depths of all that I didn't know. As we waited for all of our members, we entertained ourselves in various ways. Some danced, some chose to talk and some entertained themselves by spreading their wings. It seemed to take forever for everyone to show up.

Our first task was to get a boss to follow us back to our comrades at the gate. I can't count the amount of times that I played the part of the fool in the next few minutes. Once, I led the behemoth in the wrong directions, only to be scolded by one of my superiors. At least once, I killed him accidentally before he could talk. I even had to be told by my teammates to go back to Spatalos to report our progress and receive new orders.

After I flew back, we made our way deeper into the Garrison, careful not to attract the unwanted gaze of the many Krall around us. We started up a hill and quickly killed a flagbearer before he could raise the alarm. At the encampment at the top of the hill, we found weapons for a friend at the Citadel who'd made a bet she couldn't possibly keep, and flags that we'd been ordered to remove to discourage the Krall. We had to kill many until we finally had enough to satisfy our leadership. When we did, we moved on to the other tasks at hand. We'd been ordered to kill off fifty Krall and bring back their marks.

At this point, the task got much more perilous. The Krall were more tightly placed and it was harder to pick off one at a time. Routinely, our templar would rush a target with almost no warning, leaving an extremely inexperienced sorcerer (ME!!!!) to panick as I tried desperately to sleep and root the foes around him, which didn't always work as planned. Might I point out that I rarely had a use for either of those spells while working alone and so had little practice using them. Sometimes, I would accidentally root a ranged opponent, which is, of course, fairly useless as they can still attack. Sometimes, it would simply fail and I would be forced to run around like a Qooqoo with its head cut off until either I could sleep again, the others finished off the primary target, or, of course, I died. Routinely, this ended in the later. I would die and then choose to return to the Obilisk I was bound to simply out of habit instead of letting the cleric resurrect me. I must have done that three times that day, having to find my way back each time. I even got killed one time TRYING to find my way back. I've only recently gotten to where my hands don't move by themselves when I die.

Eventually, our hands grew weary, our enemies few and we called it a night, the sun that blesses all Elysians setting in beautiful shades of purple and red as if to say that no day in Elysia could end without such beauty. I like to think that sights such as those, which bring my heart such peace to look upon, are portents of what is to come. Of peace in Elysia.

OOC: By the way, I encourage you to post here your own stories of the Krall Crawl...
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

RP: The Krall Crawl Empty Re: RP: The Krall Crawl

Post by Bent Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I saw a group of Daeva near da garrison near da Krall Outpost. I asked em if dey could use me help. Dey welcomed me in der group and we went off to bash some head… or dat is what I be thinking. Der was one big Krall, big fellow, stunk more den the rest and I took great pleasure in putting my blades into his backside as he chased after de cleric. Well dat big one was about bringing his cronies, so we ran back to the garrison to regroup. We regrouped and went back in slow dis time, make sure der weren’t no enemies left behind to flank us.

Dis time it was only da big one we had to worry bout. For some reason ma group ran from em. Cowards… As my nose filt with the Beast’s rancid scent it minder me of the smell of death, the death of my household after the fire!! My eyes filt with red and me blades took over. Line after line I drew across the Beast’s backside as the coward fled my rage!! Made quick work of him, not even da crows be interested in what I left *spits*. Me group just looked at me aghast, with fear in der eyes. I be thinking my bloodrage scared em, because they quickly took der leave and went off to fight on der own. Pfft, upset I spattered a bit of blood on der prudy clothes no doubt...

(OOC – Yeah… I did the drink potion and scout quest, but didn’t turn it in yet, so had know idea about the lure part. First time the group agroed about half the area and some people died, next pull I killed the boss quiet cleanly, and the leader promptly kicked me out. I was in “chat” so the spam was moving so fast I never saw my group members telling me not to kill the guy. Now I have 3 chat boxes… one with combat into. One just guild and whispers, and one just group. I guess everyone expect everyone doing the Krall quests now to be on their 2 or 3rd alt and to know all the quests *shrugs*).
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:58 pm

OOC: I wouldn't worry about it. I still have no alts and the first time around, I think my group killed the bastard about 5 or 6 times. Can't believe they kicked you. Bastages!
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum