Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other MMO's, which have you played?

+16
Urion
Xairi
Bent
Navitas
Willis
Athor
Crucible
Stonestrong
Melt
Cleft
Annoura
Calovan
Nahrmahn
Anx
Akaara
Kiara
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Other MMO's, which have you played? Empty Other MMO's, which have you played?

Post by Kiara Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:56 am

We all come from different MMO backgrounds, so it might be interesting to see where we've all been. Razz
Pictures are worth a thousand words Razz

The two I played the most were Final Fantasy XI(Alexander Server), and Phantasy Star Universe.

Pics(FFXI):
Other MMO's, which have you played? Justethrustblast
Other MMO's, which have you played? Justeportopen
Other MMO's, which have you played? Drgstand
Other MMO's, which have you played? Drggust
Other MMO's, which have you played? Farmin

Pics(PSU):
Other MMO's, which have you played? StanceOther MMO's, which have you played? Slash
Other MMO's, which have you played? Lav4
Other MMO's, which have you played? Lav1
Other MMO's, which have you played? Psu20071218_110542_002
Kiara
Kiara

Back to top Go down

Other MMO's, which have you played? Empty Re: Other MMO's, which have you played?

Post by Akaara Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 am

I just played Guild Wars and WoW. Though I do love the Phantasy Star series, I never played it online. I'm currently obsessed with Phantasy Star Portable.
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Other MMO's, which have you played? Empty Re: Other MMO's, which have you played?

Post by Anx Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 am

I have played:

EQ, EQ2, WoW up until Wrath of Lich King, Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, Briefly played Eve Online and ShadowBane.
The Beta for Star Wars Galaxies was so bad I didn't go back. Which is funny considering I stayed with WoW through early closed betas all the way to WoTLK.

Warhammer Online I was in beta long before the open beta, and Dark Age of Camelot I started playing about 2 months after it was released.

Prior to MMOs I used to play MUDs.

Anx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahrmahn Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Mainly Wow. I tried out Conan and WAR, but really never got into either. Conan could of been great if they had put as much effort into the world as they did the starting island. Ah well. I do find myself looking for the WAR flee button in Aion.
Nahrmahn
Nahrmahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Played a lot of WoW:
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoWScrnShot_062809_125310
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoWScrnShot_052309_205007

I played an AoC toon up to 50 or so, and it was ok, but the class balance was terrible and the client was extremely buggy. WAR was a little better, but for some reason it felt clunky and unrefined to me. Something about the way client-server communications and screen updates were handled really made it hard for me to immerse myself.

I played EVE for a few months too, and would have absolutely loved it if the focus had been more on space combat than a live economy. I was in a Corporation (guild) for about a week and their idea of a big activity was going out to an asteroid field and mining. I'm looking forward to giving Jumpgate Evolution a try, but I'm pretty stoked that Aion has aerial combat anyway.
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Akaara wrote:I just played Guild Wars and WoW. Though I do love the Phantasy Star series, I never played it online. I'm currently obsessed with Phantasy Star Portable.

XD PSP has more content than PSU. So your not missing anythin lol. Really wish sega would of done a better job, that game had so much potential....
Kiara
Kiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:44 pm

That's what I heard. It had the potential to be awesome and they totally blew it.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoura Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:07 am

Let's see...guild wars, age of conan, warhammer online, lotro, and WoW. mostly played WoW, I put in about 4 years on the feathermoon server.
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoW1
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoW2
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoW3
Annoura
Annoura

Back to top Go down

Post by Cleft Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

EQ from the very beginning, DAoC, AC2, WOW(I know this is heresy but I did not enjoy =) ) EQ2 (the main focus of my MMO trials and advancement!) and laterly AoC...ruined for me by the engine, the community and the end game.. oh and the weird item approach, oh oh and the zoning.. oh and the travel system ..and the PvP and.. wait a minute!! I remember why I left now . Also played LotRo but I could not get past the character models!

Seriously for a mo... Aion has the good bits from most and feels pretty well tuned right now..woot!

Cleft

Cleft

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 pm

AoC had awful itemization. There were too many stats that provided similar effects or marginal effects and a lot of them were broken so didn't do anything at all.

The tier pieces looked AWESOME, the detail, the design, everything, but all the gear up to the tier pieces looked like level 1 rags. The PVP made me cry. I had such high hopes of the game, and the DX10 version looked like it was going to be awesome, but it's a shame they spent all their money on designers and not programmers.
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melt Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:00 pm

six years of ffxi and 1 year of lineage 2^^
Melt
Melt

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonestrong Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm

We came from EQ2.. Been our home from Beta till a couple months ago. Played all the others, but fail was coded into all the previous game releases Razz So here is hoping NCsoft does it right!

Here is a pic way back when our guild busted our asses for our Soulfire Weapons.

Photobucket

And here are a couple of screens of my two characters Smile
This is my Dirge:
Photobucket

Here is my Templar:
Photobucket

Here is the old guild taking down some contested goodness (Three Princes) back in Kingdom of the Sky Expansion:
Photobucket

And one of contested Hurricanus the Patriarch:
Photobucket

And here is an oldy of us after killing Tarinax:
Photobucket

Another raiding in Veshans Peak:
Photobucket

And last but not least, me in the hayday Razz
Photobucket
Stonestrong
Stonestrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucible Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I played EQ , DAoC , EQ2 (very short period of time) , Shadowbane (sucked so bad they made it freeplay), CoH/V , SW:Galaxies (sucked) & WoW for the past 3 years. And somewhere in there I beta tested Lineage 2 and hated it.
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Post by Athor Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 pm

A lot of WoW and recently LotRO. Other than that I played some Mu Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, Guild Wars and a little bit of Matrix Online (that was so bad!).

And for sure I will play Star Trek Online (except if it is really bad...)
Athor
Athor

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:25 am

Stone, one of your pictures made me think of an absolutely fantastic song, Life Burns by Apocalyptica. Anybody know it? It's awesome. Of course, I think you have to at least be into hard rock, maybe even metal, to like it.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Willis Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:24 am

Started with Horizons, old ass MMO. Progressed to Guildwars so a very short time. Then hopped on the WoW train for the past 5 years.
Willis
Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Navitas Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Sword of the New World

Other MMO's, which have you played? SkelvenMeetsGators
Other MMO's, which have you played? SkelvensatMuseum2
Other MMO's, which have you played? SkelvenFamily

Perfect World

Other MMO's, which have you played? FateAxis
Other MMO's, which have you played? FateJanitor

Shaiya Vietnamese

Other MMO's, which have you played? Plvl2

Shaiya USA

Other MMO's, which have you played? Yay

I've also played (but have no image decent image captures of): Cabal, Last Chaos, 9Dragons, WoW, Maple Story, and some others. Before Aion, my most recent was Sword of the New World.
Navitas
Navitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bent Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Dark Age of Camelot (nimue); Planetside; WoW; Guild Wars. Played in Trials and Betas of others but only the above retail.
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by Xairi Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

I have played Guild Wars and WoW. Mostly WoW though. Been playing for about 2 years. Here is my Druid Xairi of Llane Very Happy

Other MMO's, which have you played? Screen11

Xairi

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonestrong Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 pm

We still play Perfect World from time to time. It is actually a pretty solid game for being kind of free.
Stonestrong
Stonestrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:36 am

Yeah, perfect world was okay (as was Silk Road) but I had problems with my resolution which made large portions of the screen not visible so I never really played them. For some stupid reason, my screen does not fit to any of the standard graphics dimensions.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Urion Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Ragnarok, Lineage 2, WoW, Cabal Online, 2 Moons.
Urion
Urion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:05 am

A extreme WoW addict here. 4yrs or so. Since I don't work, that's alot of hours put in mindlessly. Since OB for Aion though I've only managed to log in briefly. I honestly didn't realize just how boring it had become, pretty much like a job. WOTLK ruined it I think.
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoWScrnShot_111408_182947Other MMO's, which have you played? WoWScrnShot_042809_143805
My step-son asked me to get the pet for him for the holiday since he couldn't at the time. Twisted Evil Not sure if he'll as me agian. Not that I minded, I had a blast.
Other MMO's, which have you played? WoWScrnShot_052509_181041

Last edited by Ariana on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ariana
Ariana

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucible Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 am

Phew! I just canceled my WoW account and let my guild know I was done. It felt like I was breaking up with a girlfriend that just did not want to let go!
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Post by Willis Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am

Wahoo! If you start to crave it again, I think they have something similar to a Nicotine patch.
Willis
Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next