Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai

2 posters

Go down

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai Empty RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai

Post by Akaara Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:11 am

My name is Akaara and I've lost my memories. It is a strange story indeed but so has my twin sister, Dnai. We are fraternal twins and all that we seem to be able to remember are our names and our relations to each other. We must have lost our memories at the exact same time as neither of us can remember who lost their memories first. We don't know where we come from or anything from our past. Oddly enough, the memory loss didn't seem to affect our propensities towards certain skill sets as I am a mage, which feels like it has always been right for me, and my sister is a scout, which she relishes in perchance a wee bit too much. I am stronger than she, my magicks being capable of felling enemies of greater strength than my sister when we are at the same level but that doesn't stop her from swinging her blades with artful precision.

My sister is carefree and nowhere near as somber as I, leaving me to worry about things that she care not to. Like did we have a legion? A family? Are there those out there that are worried about us? That miss us? Are there people that relied on us that are suffering now that we are no longer there to stand up to our responsibilities?

But what keeps me up at night is this thought, this fear which chills my blood when I cannot keep myself from thinking it. Do we have enemies? Are there people out there, wandering this world, perchance even in Poeta, that would choose to harm us if we encountered them? People we could not recognize even if the world relied on it? People that would strike us down where we stood before we even knew that there was a threat to be had?
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai Empty Re: RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai

Post by Akaara Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am

Many things have past since we lost our memories. Only bits and pieces have returned to us and what has, chills my bones. I sit in the grass outside Verteron, letting the harsh blades irritate my skin as I watch Dnai watch the lake up ahead. Dnai has her new wings sheathed but I have been fascinated with mine ever since I got them. The beautiful white feathers almost seem iridescent in the sunlight after such harsh rainfall. They seem so familiar, like they've always been apart of me, like I've had them before. But I just ascended. I've never had wings before. A person can't ascend twice, can they? I sigh and go back to watching my sister. She has taken her boots off and is wiggling her toes through the grass.

"So what do you think of Sylark?" I ask, being the first words I've spoken all day other than spells.

"I think that she will be a great Legion leader," Dnai says, turning to me with a smile. "You have to be more confident, Akaara." A weak smile creeps across my face. "You are the one that found that legion. It will be like a home for us. The home that we do not have now. It will be perfect," she said in a final upbeat tone before looking up at the sky. "Doesn't it make you wonder sometimes?"

"Sister?"

"Well, looking up at the sky. Doesn't it ever make you wonder? It's so beautiful and yet our very existence is threatened by what lies on the other side." It was unusual for Dnai to be in such a philosophical mood. True, she was the more outgoing of the two of us but she was also more down to earth. I was the flaky one, always dealing in fantasy and theory and the like. Dnai was the one happiest when in the thick of it.

"It's so sad. To think that the Asmodians, our very kin, cannot accept our existence. They hate us. And while we fear for our very lives with the Balaur and with Atreia on the brink of destruction, our own kin choose to fight us as well." I let out another sigh. Dnai punches me hard in the arm. "Hey! What'd you do that for?!?"

"Cheer up, sis. You can be such a dope sometimes. Everything will work out just find in the end. And if anyone wants to differ, they'll taste the end of my blades!" she said in a way that was both completely serious and comical at the same time.

I couldn't help but laugh. "We are going to be fine. Just you wait." I plop onto my back in the grass and watch the swirls of light pass overhead with the occasional Abyss fragment obscuring my view. We'll be just fine, I thought to myself, a little less certain as I stared at the fragments that seemed to symbolize the battles ahead of us.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:37 am

I woke up to the sound of my sister screaming at someone.

"You Bastard! How dare you!?! We just got off an eighteen hour patrol! I can barely lift my arms! I couldn't even fly if I wanted to!" My mind was fuzzy, as if in a dream. I opened my heavy eyelids, which seemed the only parts of my body capable of movement. I could see Dnai standing over me as I sat at a table, my arms crossed on the surface and my head resting gently atop of them. My sister thrashed her arms at the person that she spoke to, who was out of my view. I was in some sort of mess hall, but though it looked familiar, I could not place ever being there before.

Dnai was soaked from head to toe, her leather armor darkened a chocolate brown. Her brown hair had come undone from it's morings and draped now across her face, accentuating the hatred etched there.

"That is uncalled for, Dnai. Do you really think it wise to speak such to a superior officer?" That voice! I knew that voice!

"Get out. Let her sleep. She deserves that. She has given EVERYTHING to the cause. Give her just a few minutes of sleep." As her voice calmed, I was again soothed into sleep and awoke somewhere else.

I was leaning against some sort of ediface now, surrounded by people that I did not recognize. In the distance, fields burned. The land was scarred and desolate. "He's an asshole," I said.

"The commander?" the daeva next to me asked.

"Of course, the commander. Who else?"

"You shouldn't say that about him. He's a good person."

"That's bull and you know it!" I barked at her. I dropped my head and sighed. "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. My nerves are shot. I would snap at anything nowadays. I've been fighting for so long, I don't know what peace is, hope. I've been fighting my entire life. I know nothing else. No one is meant to fight for this long."

"The journey's been long for all of us. You just have to have faith in Aion."

"Faith in Aion," I said nearly under my breath. "Do you ever feel like Aion is just a big kid pitting a cat up against a mouse, just to see what will happen?" I sighed again. As I spoke, a quiver started to enter my voice, slowly getting stronger until it finally broke. "Sometimes, I think I lost my faith a long time ago. I just want it to end. A lot of the time, I think that the commander enjoys it. War, destruction, death. He won't accept a treaty. But we've been fighting for too long. I just don't see the end anymore. How can you keep fighting if you can't see what it is you're fighting for?"

"Oh, Akaara. Don't despair. We all feel that way. Just know that it will soon be over."

"Somehow, I doubt that."

"Another one of those feelings, Akaara? Like when the Balaur ambushed us last year?"

"Yeah, only about a billion times worse. I just have the bad feeling that we're going to be sorry that we wished for peace."

I woke up with a start to find myself sitting atop one of the cliffs of Verteron, my heart in my throat. I struggled to catch my breath. What was that? Was it just a dream? Or was it something more? And who was that voice? Why did it send chills down my spine? Why did it make me want to strike out in vengeance? Why are there more questions than answers?
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:23 am

Dnai was standing in a field, looking over its depths. The wind swept across the grasses, bringing with them the scent of dew. Suddenly, she remembered something. It was as clear as if it had just happened. She could see herself as a young child, playing in a field with Akaara. Even back then, Akaara had been a quiet and strange child. She sat in the wild flowers, picking them one at a time and placing them in her lap. Her hair was long and in twin braids down her back, which their mother did for her every morning. Suddenly, Akaara stiffened and said, "Something bad is coming."

"Bad?" she asked, but immediately bolstered her courage with a pumping of fists, "Don't worry, sister. I'll protect you," she proclaimed with a smile and a great deal of charm. She was five minutes older than her sister and had always felt a need to protect her, no matter what. She felt it was her responsibility to protect her younger twin.

A second later, all the blood left her sister's face, her eye's bulging wide as if they meant to flee for safety. Her mouth opened into a scream, but no noise vacated that abyss. Dnai turned around but her vocal cords were not as frozen as her sister's. She screamed at the top of her lungs. She watched as giant flying monsters burned fields in front of them. She watched as they picked up people that she'd grown up with, that she knew and loved. The flying monsters picked people up and ripped them apart as if tearing a piece of paper. Blood spewed from the bodies of people she'd once knew. Blood rained down on the fields below; the fields that were nothing more than ash now. She whimpered before realizing that her scream had garnered the attention of one of the monsters. She pulled in a shaky breath, not sure what to do. What could she do? She was just a five year old child! What could she do?

The beast flew at them with speed that went unrivaled in all of Atreia. In an instant it was a foot from her face, reaching out with its claws, which were soaked red and smelled strongly of the metallic taint of blood. She couldn't move. She couldn't save Akaara. She couldn't do anything. "Mommy. Daddy," she said weakly below her breath. Its claw slashed through the air, aiming to rip her apart. She saw it, as if in slow motion. The giant claw, five times the size of her head slowly crept toward her, closer and closer until finally...

A strange light appeared out of nowhere in front of her. It repelled the giant claw and she felt someone grab her hand. "Come on, Dnai! We have to run." It was her little sister, Akaara. Flowers flew into the air around her, falling as if feathers surrounding her. She had put up a barrier by instinct alone and saved them both. Without having to think, she ran after her little sister, fleeing the beasts that wished their demise. Her sister had always been fascinated by magick, adept at it. It had saved their lives.

Dnai smiled to herself. She could remember. Just one memory but it was something. She would NEVER again forget her little sister's face. Never!
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:18 am

IC: I took pictures during my travels today. Here are a few that caught my eye...

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai L_192ae626e2e34c1da99737fc4f59876c

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai L_c126ce02859f4b939488d5796f59ab78

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai L_5bbdba9487a048e09e886443285e957f

And this is me, celebrating being alive at Cliona Lake.

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai L_934ba7d3dac644b6834abf8ca449a630

Have a blessed day!

Akaara
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:10 am

IC: My newest photograph. I just couldn't resist. It was so breathtaking.

RP: Twins Akaara and Dnai L_255a15b32c4e4cfaab143ea383fc0993
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeries Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:00 pm

wow these are really great pictures Smile
Aeries
Aeries

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:25 pm

OOC: Yeah, I do art photography IRL so I have an eye for it.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 am

Dnai was at the top of a cliff, looking out over some Dukaki mines. She was completely hidden from view, just watching.

She could see a ten year old Akaara looking out over a cliff, just like the one she was on now. They were completely silent, cautious not to make a noise or else suffer the whims of the creatures below. She felt that they had done this countless times before. Her sister was dirty and dingy, dressed in rags that didn't fit and had no value as armour. She had no shoes on at all and her feet were sorely used. She looked back at Dnai and pointed at her eyes, then down at one of the beasts below. She could see a single Balaur who seemed to be ordering some of the Balaur followers into decisive action. The twins looked at each other in unison. The Balaur were planning an attack. They slinked off to leave but Akaara's head swiftly turned in the direction of the encampment once more. She was shaking. Akaara was actually shaking. "Run," she said in a whisper that Dnai would have never been able to hear had she not become accustomed to it. Akaara had hardly said a single word since their village had been destroyed. Even so, she hadn't said a single word to anyone but her twin and never above a whisper. In fact, most of her speech was limited to single word sentences like that.

Akaara started to mumble words under her breath. A spell. The shield. Then again, another spell. She looked up and flung her arms out just as the beast soared into view.

Dnai sighed. Why is it that all of the memories she managed to recover ended thus? Every time, the memory would cut off just as a Balaur was about to kill them. What a world! They'd been scouting. Why would ten years old be scouting a Balaur encampment? Furthermore, the Balaur haven't been on the surface of Atreia in how many years? Centuries. Centuries have passed since the Balaur were banished from Atreia. How could it be? How?
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:49 am

"We can't just abandon them." A woman said.

"What are we going to do? Take them with us? We're soldiers. Daevas. Every one of us. It's not safe here. They're five year old children. It's amazing that they survived the destruction of their village by the Balaur in the first place but that doesn't change the facts. They can't stay."

"Then what do we do? The Balaur have destroyed every village in this area. There's nowhere for them to go." The woman was majestic in her cloth armour and seemed absolutely fierce and unstoppable in her current state. The man that she argued with seemed to be her superior, dressed in beautiful shining plate armour. His face seemed to reflect his nobility but he was no match for the woman.

"We have to return to the Tower. We'll bring them there for the time being. Then we'll find someplace for them to go."

We arrived within the Aetheric Field to see the Tower of Eternity for the first time up close. It was monstrous in size and seemed to continue into the heavens forever. We followed the two Daevas. Every once and a while, the woman with no name would look back at us and wink with a smile. Although Dnai managed to find it in herself to smile back, having always been the more resilient sister emotionally, I wasn't able to. They brought us to a mess hall, where we ate the first meal we'd had in days. The daevas still didn't know what to do with two young children. They continued to argue. Saying that we couldn't say. Saying that if they really tried, they were certain they could find a new home for us somewhere. I didn't want a new home. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to punish the Balaur for what they did to my parents, my family, my village. I wanted to make them suffer. I wanted to make them pay. The two continued to discuss our futures back and forth and I became angry. Did we have no say? Why would my voice not work? What was wrong with me that I couldn't even decide my own fate?

As if we were thinking the same thing at the same time, my sister and I acted. For Dnai, she did the only think that she knew to do, she screamed. She screamed, "I don't want to go! I want to fight! I want to stop them from hurting someone else's mommy and daddy!" For me, I still was unable to speak. My magick was my words. The table where we sat caught fire, the individual boards tearing apart with the immense heat generated. Splinters exploded on the initial impact, spraying the room. Some even dug into the wall. Someone in the room countered the spell and the fire was abated.

The man walked to one of the splinters in the wall and tried to pull it out. Try as he might, it simply wouldn't budge. "Hm..."

Another, who seemed different from the rest somehow, walked up to us. "What are your names, my young friends?"

"My name is Dnai Nael, and this is my twin sister, Akaara." She said, pointing to me with her thumb. "She doesn't talk anymore."

"That's too bad. I would bet she has a lovely voice." Though his words touched me, I was unable to smile.

"Were your words true, Dnai? Do you wish to fight so thoroughly?"

"Of course. They took everything from us. We'll do anything."

"I think that's exactly what we need. Your loyalty and devotion and courage will be a great boon to Atreia's cause." He smiled a brilliant smile and my sister laughed. "Such a beautiful laugh. My poor ears have not heard such a beautiful melody in many a year." She laughed again and a gigantic smile continued to spread across her face.

"What's your name?"

"Baizel. My name is Baizel." There was a hushed and reverent silence that overcame the room. Although we did not know it at the time, the man before us was actually Baizel, Lord of Freedom, and one of the Seraphim Lords in disguise, as he went about doing frequently.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 am

"Nael."

"Yes?" we said in unison. For some time, we had simply gone by that. Some of our superiors saw us as a single person and not two. We never left each others sides. The Aetheric Field gave a strange hew to the world around us and, facing the tower, it was quite a beautiful sight. The fields were still green, trees continued to flourish and life almost seemed normal. However, if we turned our backs, the same could not be said of the world outside the field constantly reminding of of the battles to come.

"I'm so proud of you. It's been fifteen years since you were found and brought into our graces. Even more, you were both chosen to ascend at the same time. It is truly amazing. I see great things for you two."

"Thank you, Lord Vaizel," we said.

He smiled at us. "I thought that I said you could simply call me Vaizel. No Lord." We smiled at him but said nothing. He was probably unlike any of the other Lords. He is playful, often seems quite vain and boisterous but is also kind of heart and very brave. He follows his own star, which I guess I can't really fault him for. "Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter much. You'll be serving under Azphel from now on. He's not as playful as I am but he is a very decisive and strong person. He's a perfectionist and will not accept failure of any kind. I think you two can do well under him. Akaara, you are an impressive magick user and will make a great sorceress. Your tendency to not speak even when spoken to will serve you well with him. Dnai, he will respect solemn determination and strength. Your over-excitement at times will agitate him but he will not be able to deny your strength or effectiveness as an individual or as a team. He will respect results and I believe you two can provide that."

"Why can't we serve under you?" Dnai asks.

He laughs and scratches the back of his head, "I guess the other Lords don't trust me. They seem to think I'm a slacker." He is a slacker, I thought to myself... "Anyway, they thought that your talents would be put to best use under Azphel. Don't you worry though. Once all this is through, we can all sit back to a nice cold one and laugh at Azphel's expense behind his back." He laughs again. How is that funny? I know that Lord Vaizel is sharp. Does he sense something about Azphel, or maybe know something, that no one else knows?

"You don't like him, do you?" I ask, a stern look on my face.

He looks down at me in surprise, "What? No, he's just a little too serious for my taste. He needs to lighten up a little, that's all. Goodness, Akaara, you need to lighten up as well."

I looked over at Dnai. She seemed unfazed. She was sharp and could pick up on things just like Lord Vaizel. He was probably right when he said that she would make a good ranger. She could analyze a situation in a moment and know exactly what to do, something even seasoned Daevas could not always do. Her face showed the same carefree attitude that got Lord Vaizel into so much trouble but her eyes said something different - just the first embers of something else. Maybe it was just suspicion. Maybe it was more.
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 am

Dnai and I found ourselves surrounded by almost molten rock and burnt sky. Although I could not remember ever having been here, I was certain that it was the Abyss. I had heard many stories of other Daeva's exploits in those realms. We were alone and, like always, had not been spotted. That was the way we liked it. We had been sent to investigate something unusual that was rumoured to be in the Abyss. No one had given any specifics as to what it was, or even where. What luck, or misfortune really, that we were able to find it and it stood directly before us. It was an unusual phenomenon indeed. In an area that was dim and red-toned, it had the appearance of a blue star. But although it seemed to be lit, it had no flames and cast no shadows. It was a light but no rays seemed to radiate from it and it did nothing to illuminate the environs around it. As we got closer, my necklace, which had been glowing fiercely, grew dim and eventually simply looked to be silver. The same for Dnai's earrings. Confused and concerned but not deterred, we progressed closer to the phenomenon. As we grew closer, we noticed that there was nothing on the ground near the event. There were no loose rocks and, more perflexing still, no dust. The closer we came, the more it felt like we were being PULLED towards the thing. Our jewelry and parephrenalia swung towards it still anchored to their moorings. Hair, clothing, weapons, even our own bodies were not immune to the thing's pull. I looked at Dnai as she looked at me. We were both concerned now. It seemed to have a mild gravitational field, just like a star or a planet. What was it doing here? Where did it come from? Was it artificial or natural? Was it some trick concocted by the Balaur or Asmodians?

We were no more than ten feet from the thing when the light from it started to fade. We stopped. As it started to fade, it became denser and smaller. My nerves grew on edge. All of my muscles tensed as if anticipating a blow. I looked over at Dnai and she seemed to be deciding between bracing herself for a blow like I or simply running. She seemed to be leaning towards running. I seemed to be agreeing with her but couldn't seem to make that first step. The scientist in me wanted to see what was going to happen next, irregardless of the circumstances. Dnai was no scientist. In fact, she relied more on instinct than anything else. She turned, grabbed my upper arm and ran, dragging me backwards as she went. As I started to stumble backwards, I watched as the ball of light seemed to shimmer and quiver in mid air. The shimmering and quivering became more and more rapid with each step. More and More, faster and faster. Then, when we were maybe fifty feet from the ball, the quivering stopped. The shimmering stopped. And so did I. Because of my sudden lack of movement, Dnai tripped and nearly landed face first. She turned around. We both stared at it, watching, waiting, knowing. Knowing what was coming next without need of any knowledge of the object. Knowing that we could not possibly escape in time. Just knowing. I swallowed hard but refused to look away. I grabbed my sister's hand and held it firm where she sat on the ground next to me. We sighed together, feeling that it may very well be the last time we would see each other alive.

The ball exploded in a wall of light. Pure blue-white light came at us like a tsunami, overcoming us in an instant. It happened in the blink of an eye. It hit us, sending us backwards. I held onto Dnai's hand. I felt my leg smack into a rock outcropping. It felt wet. Blood. My armoured back hit something else but it wasn't as bad. I felt Dnai hit something and the connection between us being pulled. I held her hand even tighter, knowing that if we were going to die, which I was certain that we would, we should die together as we had lived for over a thousand years. Time after time, I felt parts of my body slam into things, beatings, cuts, bleeding, soreness, and always the bond between myself and Dnai being strained. I was certain that most every bone in my body must surely be broken. But I would not let go of Dnai. I held fast to her, in my hand, in my heart. As we continued being pushed back by the wall of light that seemed eternal and yet witnessed by none, little details that didn't seem important at the time started to fade. My last name, my commanding officer, where I was born. Little things. Things you don't ordinarilly think about on a daily basis. Suddenly the light changed and I couldn't recall why that was relevant. We were in mid air. Three hundred feet of nothing separated us from the ground. We were going to die!

We screamed at the top of our lungs. We didn't know what else to do. We couldn't fly. How we'd gotten to the precarious position, we knew not either. Just suddenly, we found ourselves in mid air, holding each other's hand. We screamed again as the wind slapped at our faces, stinging, burning. With every second, our impending deaths seemed absolute. I closed my eyes, not wanting to watch. "Please help us," I said under my breath. At that exact moment, our descent started to decrease and I felt my tunic being pulled tight as someone grabbed me and started to gently lower me to the ground. The unknown savior had my sister as well.

We looked up at him after landing safely. He was beautiful. He had wings and the sun shone brightly, silhouetting him there. "Well, I would ask how you got there but from your shocked faces, I doubt that you would know such a thing."

I looked down at myself. My clothing was in rags and I couldn't tell if it had been any good at all. I had the remnants of a necklace and earrings on but they were nearly destroyed. Neither myself nor Dnai had any weapons on us. Her clothes were in similar state of disrepair. We were both badly injured and bleeding. "Thank you, sir." I did not know what he was, but I was grateful for his assistance in our greatest time of need.

Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum