Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor Mill

5 posters

Go down

Rumor Mill Empty Rumor Mill

Post by Bent Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:17 pm

The people over AionRoleplayers.com have a rumor thread going. It invite people to offer rumors about there toons to encourage roleplay on both the forums and in game. Template is below. Difficulty is in regards to how hard it would be to verify or discount a certain rumor. Like all rumors, some may be true others false... Your character can choose to believe them, or not. Do you avoid the person rumored to have killed his on father, or try to find out if there are any similarities between your own father’s mysterious death and his? Think of it as a way for others to learn about your character through "bar talk."

Character:

Common Rumors (Easy):

Common Rumors (Average):

Common Rumors (Moderate):

Common Rumors (Difficult):

Stuff You Can't Possibly Know (But I Want You To Know OOCly):

Wanted:

Last edited by Bent on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Rumor Mill Empty Bent

Post by Bent Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:04 am

Character: Bent

Common Rumors (Easy):
"That ruffian can't really be a Daeva can he?"

"Yeah! I know the Daeva your talking about. If you ask me he ended up on the wrong side of the world when it shattered!"

Common Rumors (Average):
"That one there looks like he enjoys killing"

"I've never seen him order any food, or even take a sip of that drink he orders... that musky tea, he just sits there and stares out the window."

“That one there is more a mercenary than anything else.”

“Looks like that one resents being a Daeva. He was in a bar and some bard, approached and addressed him “Noble Daeva” and Bent punched the bard right in the face and said “Dat noble enough for ya!” spit and walked right of the bar.”

"Ya here about that horse thief? The one that was found garroted on the horse that he stole? The one the guard said it looks like he was killed by someone dropped out of a tree behinded him? I be thinking our local "dark daeva" was doing a little night hunting the other night...."

"Well, my neighbor said that when he (Bent) first came into the village the inn was full and that he asked if he could spare him a room. He put him down in the wine cellar, thinking that would encourage the guy to move on. Come morning he went down to check on him, and he was gone!! Vanished!! Odd thing being that they used to have a bad problem with rats down there... but they all seem to have vanished too.... Probably, the vermin just wanted to follow its own! Ha!"

"The reason he acts that way is because he lost so much… I think he believes that if he doesn’t claim anything as his, he can’t lose anything."

"I heard that before he become a Daeva he was a herdsman in the mountains."

“The area Bent was born in, isn’t that the same area that “the demons” raided? I imagine it took any runners from the villages a couple of days just to get word out they were under attack. From what I here there wasn’t much left when the guard finally got there. Bunch of bodies and some claw marks on the ground.”

Last edited by Bent on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Rumor Mill Empty Re: Rumor Mill

Post by Erical Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 am

Bent wrote:The people over AionRoleplayers.com have a rumor thread going. It invite people to offer rumors about there toons to encourage roleplay on both the forums and in game. Template is below. Difficulty is in regards to how hard it would be to verify or discount a certain rumor. Like all rumors, some may be true others false... Your character can choose to believe them, or not. Do you avoid the person rumored to have killed his on father, or try to find out if there are any similarities between your own father’s mysterious death and his? Think of it as a way for others to learn about your character through "bar talk."

Character:

Common Rumors (Easy):

Common Rumors (Average):

Stuff You Can't Possibly Know (But I Want You To Know OOCly):

Wanted:

I really like this idea.

I'll have to add it to my "to do" list. I think I'll find some time at work to do this. Smile
Erical
Erical

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 am

I just don't know what rumours to send flying. Question
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Navitas Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:08 pm

This will be hard to setup until I focus more on RPing my character in game. Like Akaara, I'm not really sure which rumors to send flying Very Happy
Navitas
Navitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

How about instead of coming up with stuff about ourselves, we each get a different legion member to start rumors about?

Character: Akaara

Common Rumors (Moderate): Wanted to become a Spirit Master, but after accidentally summoning a water elemental and fire elemental at the same time could never get the spirits to come again.

Character: Navitas

Common Rumors (Easy): Keeps pebbles in the heels of his shoes so he never feels comfortable standing in one place.
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bent Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Yeah, rumors are rumors... no way to tell if they are true or not without RPing in game! That is the point! To promote interaction!

Prehaps someone will ask Bent in game based on my rumor above… "I've never seen him order any food, or even take a sip of that drink he orders... that musky tea, he just sits there and stares out the window."

“I see you at the tavern now and again… but you never seem to order any food, could I offer to treat you?”

To which Bent could response any number of ways

“The food sucks here” “I just ate before I came” “The last person that twas thinking dey be “Nice” to me ended missing a couple days later if ya be catching my drift?” “Not me job to be telling ya what ya can and can’t do.”

Bent is the kinda guy that if someones asks “Come here often?” he’ll likely just glare at them. He surely won’t answer, it is none of their business!! The rumor allows other people to get around asking him that question by making it public knowledge that he does come there often.

Think about it this way. If I part of your backstory is that your father was murdered, and a "stranger" came up to you and said "So I heard you father was killed in a rather gruesome manner...." My characters first impulse would be to tackle the person to the ground and ask “How do you know that!! Tell me everything you know!!... Now if it was a COMMON rumor, or common knowledge that my father was killed… My response would probably be “I see ole Mitch can't keep he trap shut”
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Ok Bent, that does clear up the point a little for me on that, but I might still go around spreading rumors. Actually, Cal would never do that, or would he? Very Happy
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum