Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP: The Blue Mist Tavern

3 posters

Go down

RP: The Blue Mist Tavern Empty RP: The Blue Mist Tavern

Post by Akaara Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:13 am

I walk up to a building that blends in with it's surroundings. The only way that it stands out is a plain carved wooden sign that says, "Blue Mist Tavern." I squint my eyes and can see carved below it, "Handcrafted by Navitas" with a smiley face next to it. I laugh as I push the heavy wood door open. The bar consists of an area to the right with tables and chairs in case you wish to eat, play cards or just sit at a table while you drink and carry on with friends. To the left, a variety of plush comfortable chairs that I could easily curl up and fall asleep in crowd around a massive stone hearth. And directly in front of me is the bar, a wide slab of wood in front of shelves and shelves of booze. The quiet as well as the accumulation of dust speaks to the fact that no one is here, or has been here in quite some time. I walk up to the bar, jump up, swing my legs over and start exploring. "Found it!" I say, holding up a large tumbler glass. I go to the sink to rinse the dust off and go about making myself a One Night Stand. I taste it, "Perfect," and place it on the bar before throwing my legs over the bar once again and sitting down, legs crossed, and right arm bracing me in place. I raise my glass with a smile, "Cheers," before taking the first swig of the tart drink.
Akaara
Akaara

http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

RP: The Blue Mist Tavern Empty Re: RP: The Blue Mist Tavern

Post by Akaara Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Still sitting on the counter but now with my chin in my palm, "Now I know why Aedir left."
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 pm

The door to the tavern swings open with a tired squeal and a dust caked man in heavy armor tromps over to the bar and settles down at a table near the bar. He lets out a dry cough and a fine cloud of sand poofs out.

Without looking around, he says, "Whatever it is, just make it strong."

He pulls out a dirty rag and begins to wipe the dirt from his armor after throwing several coins to the middle of the table.
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Navitas Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:48 am

*Sprinting into the tavern, he is so focused on getting of that last shot that he is not looking where he is running and crashes through the door, leaving it splintered all around the hinges, not feeling any pain from the colision. He lines up his next shot and launches the last arrow in his quiver from Gaia's Longbow. Jovot the Shadow, an Assassin from Asmodae, receives an arrow to the collarbone and falls to the ground on the stone walkway in front of the tavern.*

"Sorry I am late I ran into some unexpected traffic along the way and I wanted to let you all kn..."

*Falls to the ground with noticeable bloody deep gashes on his back with upper armor torn to shreds and loses consciousness for a handful of seconds*

*Regains consciousness but speaks with a raspy voice*

"I just wanted to.. let you all.. know I didn't for.. get.. about our ceremonial opening of the tavern tonight."

*Groans and winces in pain to lean against the bar, using his bruised arms to support his weight but regains enough energy to speak clearly* "Wow that guy really had it out for me! It is nice to see my friends are safe. Hey what happened to that door?"

*long silence*

"I take it I did not ask the right question... How about we talk a walk around Poeta and visit with some of the newer folks?!"

*his blood dripping on the floor*

"Do we have any towels or bandages around this place?"

*starting to regain sense of humor*

"You think we should donate that guy's body to the training grounds in Poeta? It would be more fun than straw dummies." tongue
Navitas
Navitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:10 am

I laugh at Navitas despite the damage. I flip over the bar once more and put together a vodka rocks for Calovan, figuring that the ice would be refreshing after the obvious hard day he'd had. I come around the bar with the tumbler jingling in one had and a half a dozen towels in the other. I drop the tumbler on the table and hand the towels to Navitas. "I expect you to find some way of getting the blood stains out of these." I motion my head towards the door, "And fix that," I say with only a little pointed authority.

Talking to both of them now, "Glad to see people around. It was starting to feel like a ghost town lately. The other night, there wasn't even anyone out and about when I got around. I had to do everything on my own. Suffice it to say, I didn't get much done."

I walk to the door and commence with picking up the splintered pieces. I look back and shrug, "Wouldn't want anyone to get hurt coming in here, would we?"
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Calovan Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:27 pm

In a single draw I drink down the vodka, savoring the cold wetness of the ice on my lips.

Finally looking around I thank Akaara for the drink. "Sorry for my rough entrance, I've just come from the Golden Bough Garrison cross the Eracus Desert. I've not eaten much but Ruta and Scorpos meat. On the plus side, I'm finally gaining a tolerance to the poison."

Thinking to myself, "Ceremonial opening? I really need to get a calendar. Well, the world may be sundered, but thankfully Aion still finds time for those of us who faithfully uphold the light--even in such small ways"

Turning to face Navitas and survey the damage caused by their gawkish, but well-meaning and good-natured friend I give a small smile and walk over to help pick up the splintered pieces of the door. "I'm not sure a trip to Poeta would be so prudent. Judging from the day you seem to be having, the town may not survive a visit from you."

"It is still early and I'm sure more of our friends will show up. I hear Godot has been vigorously attending his studies of potions, but is on the verge of making a new discovery. I do not know where Sylark has gone to, but I haven't seen her in what feels a fortnight.

"Since he fashioned it once, perhaps with our help Navitas could make a new door before our friends get here. I've never really worked with wood, but I'm pretty handy with a hammer from my days on the forge. I wonder what else there is in this Inn? Shall we explore a bit?"
Calovan
Calovan

http://www.optirealism.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 pm

I laugh at Calovan's joke about Poeta not surviving. "I'm not much good with wood either. I think about the best I can do is make Betua wood from logs. And I know nothing about cooking whatsoever so I can't help on that front." Putting on mischievous airs, I say, "I usually just sneak stuff out of the legion warehouse after having forgotten to eat for an extended period of time. It is amazing how easy it is to forget something trivial like that while on the road..." trailing off near the end, I finish picking up all the splinters of wood. "I'm all for exploring. I've only really been in the bar section of the building."
Akaara
Akaara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum