Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bent

4 posters

Go down

Bent Empty Bent

Post by Bent Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm

I am an old soul. Or I be feeling ike me soul is old anyways *Grumbles about feeling tired,* If not my soul den my body is old enough to make up for it *sighs and turns red with anger*. Ya may think some ya be da lucky ones getting ur wings when ya be in the prime of your youth. I be telling ya, ya be soft and when dem demon Asomdians come calling whom do ya be thinking they going to hunt down first, eh? I'll bet ya be cursing ur youth den, when they have you straped down on the plank. Let em try to saw my limbs... haha I bet dey be finding my meat is little tough, me betting der bones crack easier den mine haha.

So yer likely be hearing dem Asomdians steal candy and eat babies, and I be telling ya dey do dat and worse. I be knowing it ain't be no fairy dat burn me out my home *shakes fist.* I be telling ya and if I be seeing dem blackwings on my native soil I’m darn well going to be expelling them, and if dey dare draw steel or summon spells while they be visiting, I’ll be doing my best to clip them of their wings before I be sending em home wit der tails between der legs, and der head in der hands *grumbles about immortals.* Any of ya dat be thinking I be letting dem Asomdians get der way, I tells ya, ya be wrong…*A cloud of sadness passes through Bent’s eyes as he remembers…* dead wrong. If ya be thinking yer be standing on da sides while dem Asomdains foul our land, murder our beasts, and corrupt our younger souls, I’ll be calling ya cowards…*a look of caution crosses Bent’s face* lest you be one of dem priestly sorts of folks (claps hands in front of himself and looks upwards), or be on of dem fellows dat gets dat soul weakness.

OCC
Soul Weakness – A weakening of the body that some Daeva experience when attempting to raise arms against another (often "older") Daeva.

Bare with me while I try to train myself to type in character.
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Bent Empty Re: Bent

Post by Ariana Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:06 am

"Hello Bent it is nice to meet you. I'm Ariana. Anything you need nuked just come see me, I'm your girl." *With a swirl of robes and a small smile Ariana gave Bent a curtsey, before turning away.*
"Oh and don't let these young wings fool you. I got your back ole'man, you might want to remember that." *The last was said over her shoulder as Ariana left the room.*

((I'm new as well. So I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. I think as long as what you want to get across gets there, it's all good. Smile ))
Ariana
Ariana

Back to top Go down

Post by Navitas Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:44 am

*Rubs his eyes trying to wake up from nap*
Nice to meet you brother.
*Tries to shake Bent's hand but trips over a chair and falls on his face*
Ouch!
*Brushes off uniform after getting up and salutes Bent instead of making a second attempt to shake his hand*
I like your attitude! Don't mind my clumsiness... I was doing some intense training to spy on the enemy and I fell asleep Embarassed
*stares toward the floor and then starts averting my eyes to everywhere in the room except Bent*
Heh, I hope I make a better impression at our next meeting.
*Gradually starts looking at Bent again and stops feeling embarassed and gains confidence in himself*
If you ever need help in the field, I can set some traps so the enemy can feel your wrath. Your account of the Asmodians is very grim but I believe it completely. Honorable Lephar let us know how devious the Asmodae have become...
*sits down in a chair by the fire in attempts to warm himself and puts on a thoughtful expression while staring into the flames*

((This is my first time role-playing also so don't worry I think you are doing fine - I get a clear image of your character and his behaviors in my mind. I never realized role-playing could be so fun! I don't really know if during my roleplay I'm breaking any rules either but we don't have to worry so much about strictly following rules since we are a Light RP guild Very Happy ))

Last edited by Navitas on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct some spelling mistakes.. ahhhhhhhhhh)
Navitas
Navitas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:54 am

(( I'm enjoying myself as well. From reading the forums, at least to me, would be to god-mode. If I ever do it I hope somone will let me know. I know, speaking for myself, I wouldn't want someone else to control my actions.))
Ariana
Ariana

Back to top Go down

Post by Bent Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:40 am

OCC

There are many different types of roleplay IMO. I think the most important thing is for it to be fun. I tend to roll with the game I'm in. So if it has levels, then my char has some means to understand that some people are stronger "older" than him. I'm pretending, that daeva are stronger the longer they've had their wings, maybe I sense an aura of power around them.

Some RPers try to force the same "rules" into every environment they decide to roleplay in. Some suggest that you can't know anything about someone when you first meet them and that you aren't allowed to use any user interface stats to form an opinion. Some people will play the role of a master soldier, and since they are a "master" will expect you to forfeit to them in duels even if you have 20 levels on them since you were a farmer. I don't agree with that myself. I don't believe in forcing anything on anyone especially in a game. I work with and accept the world that NCsoft has given us and am not going to try to lock up parts of that to make Aion more LARP, pen n paper, or RP forumish... Personally I'm going to train hard to become a mature Daeva, and if when I'm level 50 some lvl 5 "bandit" demands money for safe passage, "Ill be telling em dey better for clearing de way or dat dey will be making friends with the ground."

I think most people will just enjoy Aion, and adapt their roleplay to the game. Some people are going to try to make the Aion playerbase adapt to how they roleplayed elsewhere in the past. I'm sure there will be a time I say "Your spirit don't be looking dat strong der matey, ya sure ya not be needing a drought before I grab dis baddie up ahead" and get a tell saying "OOC you shouldn't be able to tell how much mana I have"

Pretty much I'm just going to try to talk in a gruff sort of dwarfish voice and grumble about youngings and Asomdians. Most of my roleplay is in the present acting how I want to act, not within any set of rules. If I die and get rezzed I'll grumble about tripping and spit out dirt of something. I'm surely not going to box myself in. I like complete freedom in my role play. Point is I play to relax, not to worry. That is one of the reasons I came to Parhelion. RP light. Pretty much I like to avoid horrible names, and people filling chat with Chuck Norris and details about each other bodily functions.
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by Nieth Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:05 am

Welcome friend. It is not everyday that I encounter one of such a strong demeanor, I look forward to having you at my side in battle, as you would seem to make as reliable a friend as my summoned earth elemental.

Bent wrote:OCC

There are many different types of roleplay IMO. I think the most important thing is for it to be fun. I tend to roll with the game I'm in. So if it has levels, then my char has some means to understand that some people are stronger "older" than him. ...

((I have also always seen levels as a measure or either age or more obviously, experience as whatever you are. It would be interesting to see an mmo take level equalling age into account, e.g. starting in your teens as an adventurer and becoming an adult as you reached the level cap, though you would have to adjust it so that those who wished to become "old" (think grizzled dwarf or frail mage) would be able to reach those ages, and other who wanted to remain in their physical prime could do so. Now that I type it out I understand why they don't, fairly complicated.))

Bent wrote:
...I think most people will just enjoy Aion, and adapt their roleplay to the game. Some people are going to try to make the Aion playerbase adapt to how they roleplayed elsewhere in the past. I'm sure there will be a time I say "Your spirit don't be looking dat strong der matey, ya sure ya not be needing a drought before I grab dis baddie up ahead" and get a tell saying "OOC you shouldn't be able to tell how much mana I have"...

((You could always play this off as seeing them physically tired or looking weakened, Mana is generally associated with energy, and as you cast spells you focus your own energy into arcane manifestations of the elements or reach out into the otherworlds to call forth an elemental summon. Naturally as you use up you're energy you become more physically tired, and whether or not you can tell how much "mana" someone has, you can certainly see them weakening.))
Nieth
Nieth

http://www.colinsugg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bent Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:21 am

I member when me first got me wings. I closed me eyes and felt me body drift. Open dem and couldn't be believing what me eyes saw. Sanctum. It be de city of cities. So many people der. I found meself lost, surrounded by strangers. My first task was to be finding one of dem merchant folks to be picking me up some potions and such. I be telling ya it be easier to find an asmodian with no hair der back!
Bent
Bent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down