Parhelion - an Aion Legion guild forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules.

+3
Lyria
Crucible
Willis
7 posters

Go down

The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules. Empty The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules.

Post by Willis Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 am

So, it just so happens that the day the OB is released I have the next 4 days off. I NEVER have 4 days off. I'd say its good karma for something sweet I must have done. Twisted Evil

Anyone else gonna have alot of free time to play the OB?
Willis
Willis

Back to top Go down

The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules. Empty Re: The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules.

Post by Crucible Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:58 am

I should be playing quite a bit. Off Sat through Tues. I'm supposed to raid with my WoW guild Sunday evening but I might suddenly have something else to do that night lol!

Last edited by Crucible on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules. Empty Re: The Open-Beta, and the Fortune of Great Schedules.

Post by Lyria Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Oh yes, my vacation was already scheduled for next week. "Elation" at least *almost* describes what I felt when I found out about the OB! Wink

I will probably play for an ungodly amount of hours next week, just because I know my weekday availability will go back down to 1-2hrs/day, if that, after release.
Lyria
Lyria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tissuebox Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 pm

yeah, no vacation or anything for me :/ but when i'm not working i'll be playing as much as i can.
Tissuebox
Tissuebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Auntie Kathy Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm unemployed. I can play till I puke OR my hubby kicks my butt. Well, we have a late Sunday afternoon BBQ to go to, but other than that, i have nothing but free time.
Auntie Kathy
Auntie Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm off Sunday and Monday so I will be playing all day and night then, and then whenever I can throughout the week when I'm not working. I scheduled my vacation starting September 20th, which I did before I even knew the game was coming out which was pretty sweet. Are the OB characters getting wiped? I'd assume so, but I'm just making sure.
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Willis Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Yea OB chars will be wiped, and thats cool that a lot of you have plenty of free time. Should have some fun experiences in the next week.
Willis
Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Does anyone know when the open beta starts on Sunday? The main web site says, "Open Beta starts 9 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. BST, 6 p.m. CEST) on Sunday, September 6th," but I don't know which number to go by as I thought Central time was abbreviated CST, and Pacific PST. I sure hope it's not 6pm, if it is my face will be Sad .
Nibbles
Nibbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 pm

I was wondering that, too, as I go by Central time. I wanna be on as early as possible! I'm gonna get set up with snacks and a case of mountain dew. Smile
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 pm

I looked up PDT and apparently that includes states that border the Pacific. It's two hours earlier than CST, like what we usually refer to as PST. So, if this is the case, I would guess the servers will be open at 11am CST.
Nibbles
Nibbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Good! I guess that means I can stay up somewhat late Saturday night and not lose any sleep. Smile
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Auntie Kathy Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 am

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time. Pacific time is GMT-8. That means I can sleep in till 9:30 on Sunday morning, since I'm MST, and then have coffee and Aion!
Auntie Kathy
Auntie Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 am

I'm going to the Minnesota State Fair all day Saturday, so that day is going to go by quick and it'll be Aion time in No time!
Nibbles
Nibbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucible Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:04 am

Auntie Kathy wrote:PDT = Pacific Daylight Time. Pacific time is GMT-8. That means I can sleep in till 9:30 on Sunday morning, since I'm MST, and then have coffee and Aion!

What she said. daylight savings time versus standard time. I don't know why I felt the need to re-iterate this..but I did. I R smart!
Crucible
Crucible

Back to top Go down

Post by Auntie Kathy Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 am

Lol, Crucible! Software geeks often have to use 'server time', whatever the heck that is, when doing junk. Since global companies are, yanno, global, seems to be pretty common to use GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) as 'server time'. I am GMT - 7 unless it's daylight saving's time, in which case I'm GMT-6. Yea, that is tattooed on my forehead, ty. Mostly because I'm a freak like that.

Want to know the time difference between Mountain Time and Chennai, India? 11.5 hrs head of us. I think I know the diff to Australia, but when you factor on the 'it's a day ahead', my brain just goes asplodey.
Auntie Kathy
Auntie Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tissuebox Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:35 pm

i'm not going to be able to play until late monday Sad going to be at the beach! CRAP!
Tissuebox
Tissuebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 pm

THE BEACH!! Who needs Vitamin D when you can get truckloads of Vitamin A! bounce
Nibbles
Nibbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down